POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Join the SPWU! : Re: Join the SPWU! Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:30:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Join the SPWU!
From: Robert McGregor
Date: 3 Sep 2009 18:50:00
Message: <web.4aa047c198464c734726e92b0@news.povray.org>
Ive <"ive### [at] lilysoftorg"> wrote:
> Those projects are also not meant to be ever finished, usually they
> hibernate at some point (sometimes for years) but I awake them again
> when e.g. my texturing or modeling skills have improved (or I have
> simply upgraded my machine and more computing power available).

I understand completely; sounds like a couple of projects I've had laying
around for years that occasionally get the dust blown off and polished up a bit
:)

> BTW is your irtc entry related to Michael Moorcock's 'Eternal Champion'?

Oh aye, without a doubt; MM's been one of my favorite authors since I was a lad.
My "Temple of Tanel'Orn" is just a very thinly veiled reference to Moorcock's
Eternal City of Tanelorn. Of course, with billions of similar universes
available to play with I can't let him have *all* the fun, LOL.

Actually, I'm leaning toward a Gran Bretanian steampunk theme for the next
round. I've been playing around with modeling Anachro-futuristic armor, energy
lances, and such; even started an ornithoper a while back. Who knows, maybe
Count Brass or even Hawkmoon himself will make an appearance :)

-Rob